Flipper Zero + Marauder
The Flipper Zero is a powerful and versatile gadget that combines multiple tools into one device, making it an all-in-one device for cybersecurity, radio communication, and electronic engineering. With the Flipper Zero Wi-Fi Dev Board and the Marauder firmware, you can extend the device’s capabilities and connect it to the internet. In this blog, we’ll walk you through the steps to set up and use the Flipper Zero with the Wi-Fi Dev Board and Marauder firmware to capture packets using Marauder.
- Flipper Zero Device
- Flipper Zero Wi-Fi Dev Board
- USB cable (Type-C)
- Computer with an internet connection
Step 1: Install the Marauder Firmware
The Marauder firmware adds Wi-Fi capability to the Flipper Zero, allowing it to connect to the internet. To install the Marauder firmware, follow these steps:
- Download the latest Marauder firmware from the official Flipper Zero website.
- Connect the Flipper Zero to your computer using the USB cable.
- Put the Flipper Zero in firmware flashing mode by pressing and holding the ‘ON’ button until the device enters flashing mode. The screen will turn off, and the device will appear as a new USB drive on your computer.
- Extract the downloaded Marauder firmware file to a folder on your computer.
- Copy the extracted firmware file to the Flipper Zero device’s USB drive.
- Wait for the firmware to finish flashing, which should take around 30 seconds. After the flashing process is complete, the device will restart automatically.
Step 2: Connect the Wi-Fi Dev Board
The Wi-Fi Dev Board is a small module that plugs into the Flipper Zero’s expansion port and provides Wi-Fi connectivity. Follow these steps to connect the Wi-Fi Dev Board:
- Turn off the Flipper Zero device.
- Insert the Wi-Fi Dev Board into the Flipper Zero’s expansion port. Make sure the module is plugged in correctly and securely.
- Turn on the Flipper Zero device. The device will automatically detect the Wi-Fi Dev Board, and the Wi-Fi icon will appear on the device’s screen.
Step 3: Configure Wi-Fi Settings
Now that we have the Wi-Fi Dev Board connected to the Flipper Zero, we can configure the Wi-Fi settings to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Follow these steps to configure the Wi-Fi settings:
- Press the ‘ON’ button on the Flipper Zero to turn on the device.
- Navigate to the ‘Wi-Fi’ menu by pressing the left or right navigation button until you see the ‘Wi-Fi’ icon on the screen.
- Press the ‘OK’ button to enter the Wi-Fi settings menu.
- Use the up and down navigation buttons to select the ‘Scan Networks’ option and press the ‘OK’ button to scan for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Once the scan is complete, select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to from the list of available networks.
- Enter the Wi-Fi network password using the on-screen keyboard and press the ‘OK’ button to connect to the network.
- Once connected, the Wi-Fi icon on the screen will change from gray to green, indicating that the device is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Step 4: Capture Packets with Marauder
Marauder is a built-in packet capture tool in the Flipper Zero Marauder firmware. With Marauder, you can capture packets on the Wi-Fi network and analyze them later. Follow these steps to capture packets with Marauder:
- Navigate to the ‘Marauder’ menu on the Flipper Zero by pressing the left or right navigation button untilyou see the ‘Marauder’ icon on the screen.
- Press the ‘OK’ button to enter the Marauder menu.
- Use the up and down navigation buttons to select the ‘Capture’ option and press the ‘OK’ button to start the packet capture.
- Marauder will start capturing packets on the Wi-Fi network. The captured packets will be saved to the device’s internal memory.
- Once you have captured the packets, you can transfer them to your computer for analysis. Connect the Flipper Zero to your computer using the USB cable and transfer the captured packets to your computer.
- To analyze the captured packets, you can use packet analysis software such as Wireshark.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up and used the Flipper Zero with the Wi-Fi Dev Board and Marauder firmware to capture packets using Marauder. With the device now connected to the internet, you can use it for a wide range of tasks, such as network scanning, wireless network penetration testing, and more. Remember to always use the device responsibly and ethically. Happy hacking!
I Love Coffee! https://ko-fi.com/canutethegreat